Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hattie Hogan


So are you at all curious as to who Hattie Hogan is? Me too.I know she's from Greely Kansas. I bought her picture in a antique store in Boerne, Texas.I know she needed a makeover. You know the kind of surprise makeover like on tv!I got the idea from my somerset studio magazine.The photo was the normal Sepia color which made her dress look like a light color just like black and white. I started by cutting her out.Then I began putting different scraps of fabric around her until I found one I liked. I took my alene's glue and just started shaping it to cover the one she was wearing. I added some flowers in her lap, some in her hair, and of course I had to give poor Hattie some bling! I took gold stickles and made her a ring, necklace, earrings, and a gold bracelet. Homely Hattie is now Hottie Hattie! I can't be sure but to me Hattie almost has a little grin on her face now. I think she's loving her new look!

1 comment:

  1. Hee! Hottie Hattie made me laugh! I love that you brought her back to life- she does look like she's smiling! I love it!

    ReplyDelete