Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fun Finds





To me finding anything that I can alter or change using art is fun. I love the dollar section at Target and of course the dollar store. The Borders near me is closing so I've been finding alot of great books, & journals for next to nothing.I'm sure you've heard the term looking for things with "good bones". With books and journals I try look at the shape & binding.I love spirals because ribbons or charms can be tied from them. I bought some really great spider man books but guess what?I could care less about spiderman!I bought them because they have great shape.I want these books to be a class in book altering 101.The book above was a guitar chord writing book. You wouldn't have know if I hadn't told you right?
Same concept with the spidey books.By the time we take the spidey book apart, use a little sanding, gesso,& paint it will totally be transformed into this great art journal.I'll be looking at the class calendar to check dates for what I know will be a fun, fun, class. Watch the Scrapdoodles blog for all the class information.

No comments:

Post a Comment