Saturday, March 26, 2011

DC Springtime Collage



I wanted to put up a picture of my April 17th class project.. I have to share the story behind the idea first.I was shopping & saw this cute picture of the New York skyline cut out with pieces of paper.Of course its a printed & not real paper. But I had to get it because the price was right & I love New York. My daughters were moving into their first real home in Arlington since graduating college. I wanted to make them something fun & artsy to hang in their home & thats when I thought why not make them a picture with the DC skyline like my NY picture.I had a picture laying around with this poster picture I was totally over.I took out the picture & used the card board backing from it & covered it with a mixed media canvas. I started by painting the background & cutting shapes of the DC monuments.I painted my frame pink & lo' & behold I had a very unique artsy piece of art! Only bad thing is this picture has never made it to my daughters' home. I showed Cheryl & she agreed that it would be a really fun class. So thats the story behind this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment