Wednesday, March 30, 2011

8x8 Fun Pages



I love doing random pages.I start by just putting bits & pieces down on my paper.When I'm doing pages with more of the ecclectic feel I definitely don't go for matchy, matchy.Just like with the cd class,& the mini canvas class this is a fun way to use up odds & ends of paper,ribbon, & ephemera.You don't always have to have pictures in mind to put together fun pages.Alot of times I don't add pictures until later & sometimes I just add ephemera to make it a collage book. I guess its pretty much the same as my art journaling pages.I like to make different sizes of pages. I may start out with 8x8 & then do an 8x10 so you can get that staggered look that you can add tabs to. On the 8x8 pages here I used my sewing machine to sew on the pages, along with duct tape, buttons, pieces of hankerchiefs, & paint. Its about not overthinking & just letting go & creating.Remember there is no right or wrong in art. Sometimes its not that something is wrong but you may not be getting the look you're going for. When that happens I just keep working with it by painting, or layer over what I don't like. Every now & then I can't come up with something I like so I just set it aside & come back to it later.Putting on my favorite music always helps bring out that creative mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment