Sunday, March 13, 2011

Keepsake box



I really enjoyed making this keepsake box for my friend Kathy. The box is for special keepsakes that belonged to her late husband Frank. I picked out some colors & ended up using blue as a pop color. I also used prima flowers, a prima butterfly & rhinestone swirl patterns. I first started by painting the heart shaped box black & then gave it a couple of coats if gloss lustre decoupage. I sped up the drying process by using my heat gun. Then I just began layering it with old lace doiles, feathers that I sprayed with blue glimmer mist to match a rhinestone blue jewelry piece I really wanted to use. I gave Kathy the box tonight & was so pleased she loved it. Turns out Franks favorite color was blue. Coincidence most would say but I'd rather think of it as meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawnette! I loved taking your class yesterday and look forward to taking more of your classes. It was very inspiring. Your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete